CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) STATEMENT
Vaccination Update: We DO NOT have the COVID-19 vaccine in our office. Please contact your Primary Care Physician or your local health department regarding vaccine availability.
Please be reassured that the health and well-being of our patients and staff are always our top priority. We have taken many steps to keep our office as safe as possible, for example:
- Patients are asked to wear a mask that covers both nose and mouth during the entire visit.
- Visitor limits – make every attempt to bring only the patient unless no other option exists.
- Allergy shot patients option to wait in their car so our waiting room volume is minimal.
- Waiting room sanitized frequently by staff and sanitizing wipes available in the waiting room for personal use on chairs.
- Removal of reading materials from all areas.
- Staff wears personal protective equipment.
- Staff provided opportunity for COVID-19 vaccine.
It is important that you keep your underlying medical conditions under control. Poorly controlled allergies increase the risk of contracting any respiratory virus since people rub their nose or eyes and spread to others by sneezing. Poorly controlled asthma is a major risk factor for a poor outcome with viral infections. A thorough evaluation by an asthma & allergy specialist is the best way to ensure asthma is optimally managed and that there is a plan in place to manage an asthma flare during a viral infection.
We offer same-day appointment service for urgent medical needs and for allergy injections for our established patients. The two services are:
- ReadiClinic® is a same day service for established patients experiencing urgent health needs. Hours are 8:30–11:30, M-F, in the Overland Park office. We encourage you to call ahead to secure a specific appointment time before coming to ReadiClinic as we often can fit you in that same day.
- Allergy Injection Clinic is for patients to receive their weekly allergy shots. Check HERE for hours since they vary by location.
If you are concerned about symptoms/exposure to COVID-19, either set up a Telemedicine appointment or call a nurse to discuss before visiting.