PIDD (Primary Immunodeficiency Disease) can be triggered if part of the immune system is absent or not functioning properly. PIDD is composed of more than 300 diseases. The condition has hereditary or genetic causes.
Signs and symptoms of PIDD include:
- Reoccurring, unusual, or difficult-to-treat infections
- Weight loss or poor growth
- Reoccurring pneumonia, ear infections, or sinusitis
- Needing multiple courses of antibiotics or IV antibiotics to clear infections
- Reoccurring deep abscesses in the organs or skin
- Family history of PIDD
- Swollen lymph nodes or an enlarged spleen
- Autoimmune disease
KCAA physicians specialize in treating PIDD. If any of these symptoms are present, please call (913) 491-5501 for an appointment.